Search This Blog

03 January 2012

What I Have Tasted in Southeast US: 1st Part

Wow! Where to start?? From the point of view of an European, more specifically from Spain, here is an account of what I have tried in these vacations. Some things are typically southern while others are not.

Bueno, ¿por dónde comenzar? Desde el punto de vista europeo, más concretamente de una española, voy a contar las cosas que he probado en este viaje.Algunas son típicas del sur, otras no.

In this first part, let's see things that I have also found in the rest of the country

En esta primera parte vamos con las cosas que he encontrado también en el resto del país.

Delicious hamburguers of course, with a very curious side: cinnamon apples!!

Hamburguesas deliciosas por supuesto, con una guarnición de lo más curiosa, ¡manzana a la canela!




Amazing ribs, with their inseparable coleslaw

Increíbles costillas, con su inseparable ensalada de col




French fries, the most typical side! Pay attention to the size of these ones comparing with my hand and the fork

Patatas fritas, ¡el acompañamiento más típico! Atención al tamaño de estas en comparación con mi mano y el tenedor



And here are the typical meals of a typical diner, for breakfast, for lunch, or for dinner, whatever you choose.  In the first one yo can see the famous hashbrowns, in this case with cheese, and in the second one the white thing is grits, a kind of soup or cream of corn, which I don't particularly like, but I am not very fond of soups... :)

Y aquí la comida típica de un diner americano, para desayunar, comer, cenar, lo que prefieras
En el primero podéis ver las famosas hashbrowns, en este caso con queso, y en el segundo la masa blanca son los llamados grits, una especie de puré de maíz en este caso típico de la zona sur.A mi no me entusiasma particularmente, pero es que no soy mucho de purés :)








Another heavy breakfast, this time from Denny's

Otro contundente desayuno, esta vez de Denny's




And of course, pancakes!!!

Y por supuesto, ¡tortitas!


Not sure if I am starting to feel hungry or indigested at remembering so much food! :)

No sé si me está entrando hambre o empacho de recordarlo... :)



4 comments:

  1. Jaja! En estos días con tanta comilona me acuerdo mucho de este viaje y de todos los de EEUU :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!! I agree, one of the most interesting things travelling is eating local food. What I love are cookies, so big!! I feel like Ormie http://vimeo.com/27256955, ja, ja, ja!

    ReplyDelete